The purpose shall be to promote the development of excellent library service for all residents throughout Brunswick County, North Carolina; to foster closer relationships between public libraries and residents of Brunswick County; to promote knowledge of the library’s function, resources, services and needs; to encourage cooperative efforts within the library; to provide the means for the Friends to exchange ideas, information and experiences, and to make the public aware of the Friends groups and the services they perform.
What we do
· Promote and sponsor library programs and initiatives.
· Provide financial assistance to the library’s collection and programs.
· Publicize library activities and services provided.
· Help recruit volunteers to provide daily assistance to library staff.
· Prepare books and other items for our ongoing book sale.
· Plant and maintain the flower beds.
· Support pro-library advocacy to government officials and the general public.
Board of Director's Meetings
Our Board of Directors generally meets at the library on the third Thursday of each month at 2:00 p.m. All Friends and patrons are invited to attend. Please call the library ahead of time to ensure that a scheduled meeting has not been postponed or canceled.
The Friends of the Library financially support:
Download the most recent "What's Happening at the Southwest Brunswick Library" or an archive of past issues
The earliest American books.
Your generosity will help ensure that the library remains a place where individuals gather to explore, interact, and imagine.
Copyright © 2020 Friends of the Library - Southwest Brunswick Branch Library - All Rights Reserved.
Become a friend of the Library