From left - Katelyn Dorsett (Library Assist.), Kristyna Savard (Branch Manager), Karen Roberts (Library Assist.), Janice Kirby (Library Assist.)
The purpose shall be to promote the development of excellent library service for all residents throughout Brunswick County, North Carolina; to foster closer relationships between public libraries and residents of Brunswick County; to promote knowledge of the library’s function, resources, services and needs; to encourage cooperative efforts within the library; to provide the means for the Friends to exchange ideas, information and experiences, and to make the public aware of the Friends groups and the services they perform.
What we do
· Promote and sponsor library programs and initiatives.
· Provide financial assistance to the library’s collection and programs.
· Publicize library activities and services provided.
· Help recruit volunteers to provide daily assistance to library staff.
· Prepare books and other items for our ongoing book sale.
· Plant and maintain the flower beds.
· Support pro-library advocacy to government officials and the general public.
Board of Director's Meetings
Our Board of Directors generally meets at the library on the third Thursday of each month at 2:00 p.m. All Friends and patrons are invited to attend. Please call the library ahead of time to ensure that a scheduled meeting has not been postponed or canceled.
The Friends of the Library financially support:
Download the most recent "What's Happening at the Southwest Brunswick Library" or an archive of past issues
The earliest American books.
Your generosity will help ensure that the library remains a place where individuals gather to explore, interact, and imagine.